One of the many new advantages that the 2019 Ram 1500 brings to the road its its V-6 and V-8 powertrains equipped with the eTorque light electrification system. Not only does this system offer a slight boost of torque in some situations, but it delivers excellent fuel economy. We have always been exceptionally pleased with the base V-6 on the 2019 Ram 1500, but now we know that this powertrain has proven itself to external judges as well. The Ram 3.6-liter V-6 made the Wards 10 Best Engines List, which marks it as one of the best new engines on the market.
Horsepower and Torque of the 3.6-liter V-6
The base engine of the 2019 Ram 1500 offers drivers a bold 305 horsepower and 269 pound-fee of torque. While some drivers looking at an electrified powertrain maybe worry about a loss of power or performance, neither of those is a consideration with the 2019 Ram 1500s V-6. This model offers attractive fuel economy of up to 20 mpg in city driving and 25 mpg on the highway for rear-wheel drive models. All this without drivers needing to worry about charging a plug-in hybrid or anything other than getting the job done.
Highlights of the Award-Winning eTorque V-6
- 430 watt-hour lithium-ion battery
- Conventional 12-volt starter motor for better cold-weather efficiency
- Up to 90 pound-feet of supplemental torque during stop-start maneuvers
- Regenerative braking used to recharge the battery
- Liquid-cooled eTorque motor
- Cooled exhaust gas recirculation system
- Aluminum block, pistons, and cylinder heads
- Compression ratio of 11:3:1 even with regular 87-octane fuel
Would you like to learn more about the 2019 Ram 1500 or about other awards and honors this truck has won (for example, it also made the Wards 10 Best List for interiors in 2018)? Check out our previous blog posts, or contact a representative at the Fury Ram Truck Center today.