We’ve written a lot about the great hybrid engine changes and award winning interior of the all-new 2019 Ram 1500, but there is even more under the surface of this great truck to wow drivers. It is thanks to 2019 Ram 1500 aerodynamic improvements and weight reductions that this great truck can offer up to 2,300 pounds of payload capacity and 12,750 pounds of trailering. Learn more about these changes below.
2019 Ram 1500 Aerodynamic Improvements
- Active Front Air Dam – Lowers 2.5 inches at speed near 35 mph and above
- Active Air Suspension (Available) – Lowers the truck 0.6 inches at highway speeds
- Active Grille Shutters – Automatically close when less airflow is needed
- Elevated Hood and Venturi Roof Design
- Bed Alterations – 1.5-inch increase on bed rails, sub-flush bed-to-cab execution
- Wheel-to-Wheel Tubular Side Step – Allows air to pass around the truck
- Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover (Available) – Improves fuel economy by 0.8 percent
How much weight has the 2019 Ram 1500 lost?
In addition to significant aerodynamic changes, the 2019 Ram 1500 has also dropped nearly 225 pounds when compared to the previous generation. Approximately 120 pounds of this weight loss comes from the truck’s chassis, and another 100 pounds from the body.
Overall, aerodynamic changes and weight reduction on the 2019 Ram 1500 will help this great truck offer premium performance and even better fuel economy. It may even contribute to reduced interior noise! If you live in the Twin Cities area and would like to check out the difference that these changes can make, stop by the Fury Ram Truck Center today to test drive one yourself.